Thursday, April 10, 2008

Making the calendar

First I uploaded a sketch of a design I made and after that I used the pen tool to trace it out. I then used the elipse tool to make the mouth of the pot.

I used the rectangular grid tool to make the grid for the calendar; I used the gradient to fill in the background of the grid. I also coloured the numbers and days differently so that I could set apart Sunday from the rest of the other days of the week. For the day I focused on I used a different colour (which was blue in this case) to differentiate it from the other days, I also wrote it in italics.

I added the fireworks to set the celebration mood to it, the writing in italics of the words also proved to make it a little bit more interesting to look at.

The calendar was great because it showed a day that celebrates the lives of a man whom I believe played a very important role in the history of Botswana.

No comments: